ASME B16.47 Stainless Steel Blind Flanges
Stainless steel blind flanges are solid disks with no bore. They’re used for capping off a pipe or nozzle end and are helpful in making pipeline repairs, for rerouting fluids to another area of the piping system, or for creating a pipe termination point.
Where ANSI B16.5 flanges are manufactured according to ANSI’s approximately 9,500 standards, ASME B16.47 Series A & B blind flanges are manufactured according to 600 codes and standards for different mechanical devices.
Applications for ASME B16.47 Flanges
ASME B16.47 flanges are divided into:
- ASME B16.47 Series A
- ASME B16.47 Series B
Hydro Blind Solutions offers A105 raised face carbon steel ASME B16.47 Series A & B blind flanges. Typical applications for these flanges include:
- General-purpose applications
- Paper and pulp industrial applications
- Chemical industry applications
- Food processing
- Heat exchangers
- Power plants
- Plumbing, structural pipe, and water supply systems
- Oil and gas pipelines
We provide stainless steel blind flanges in Class 150, 300, 600, 900, 1500, and 2500, with sizes ranging from half an inch to 90 inches. MTRs are available by request on all flanges.
Benefits of ASME B16.47 Blind Flanges
We’re often asked what the difference is between ASME B16.47 Series A and Series B flanges.
Generally speaking, Series A flanges are thicker, stronger, and heavier in the same size and pressure rating. This means they’re able to withstand greater external loading than Series B flanges. Series A flanges are generally used in new pipelines or equipment.
Series B flanges require more fasteners (nuts and bolts) than Series A flanges. They also have a smaller bolt circle diameter, which results in less flange movement after installation. Series B flanges are more popular for refurbishments, replacements, or non-critical piping applications.
When To Rent vs. Purchase Blind Flanges
Is it better to rent or purchase blind flanges? If you only need the flanges for a certain time, it can be best to rent the flanges you need. Here’s why.
- Cost savings: Blind flanges are typically used for a small portion of any given project, so purchasing them doesn’t tend to make financial sense. Renting the flanges you need only for the time you need them can reduce your total project cost.
- No storage expenses: When you buy flanges, you need to store them once the job is over. So not only do you spend more to buy them, you pay more for storage-related costs.
- Access to a diverse range of blind flanges: Why buy one or more flanges you might only use once or twice? Renting blind flanges gives you access to every type of blind flange we offer without the associated purchase costs.
Industries We Serve
Hydro Blind Solutions is a leading manufacturer of A105 Raised Face Stainless Steel ASME B16.47 Series A & B Blind Flanges.
With more than 40 years of combined experience, we’re the top choice flange manufacturer for companies around the world, including those in these industries:
- Liquefied natural gas
- Offshore drilling
Choose Hydro Blind Solutions for Top-Quality Blind Flanges
Hydro Blind Solutions is committed to providing our customers with the best A105 Raised Face Stainless Steel ASME B16.47 Series A & B Blind Flanges needed to complete a project on time and on budget.
Manufactured in-house, our stainless steel blind flanges are the perfect choice for a wide range of applications. We stock a large inventory of various blind flanges and guarantee 24-hour service for your immediate needs.
Our personalized service and vast inventory of ready-to-ship flanges ensure you never have to wait to keep your project flowing smoothly.
Contact Hydro Blind Solutions today to rent, purchase, or learn more about our A105 Raised Face Stainless Steel ASME B16.47 Series A & B Blind Flanges.